Thursday, June 20, 2013

Joe Satriani - the God of Guitar

Have you listened to this track 'War' by Joe Satriani? Whenever I listen to Joe's this track I feel like I'm in a war for real. Really! It's sound is so intense and he has really portrayed a war scene through his unique music.

Joseph Satriani -  that's his real name. He was born in July 15, 1956, is an American instrumental rock guitarist, mulch-instrumentalist and multiple Grammy Award nominee. Early in his career, Satriani worked as a guitar instructor, with many of his former students achieving fame such as: Steve Vai, Larry LaLonde, Rick Hunolt, Krik Hammet etc to name a few.

In 1988, Satriani was recruited by Mick Jagger as lead guitarist for his first solo tour. In 1995, Satriani toured with Deep Purple as the lead guitarist. He has worked with a range of guitarists during the G3 Tour, which he founded in 1995. His G3 collaborators have included Vai, LaLonde, Steve Kukather, Eric Johnson etc.

I just can't explain the sound produced by Joe Satriani. It's sometimes happy and sometimes really sad. It's furious and quite often melodic. So my friends try Satriani and get swayed by his beautiful music. Jai Joe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment